Thanksgiving is almost here! Whether you’re traveling to see family or staying in town to hang out with friends, it’s important to know how to prevent and respond to an emergency. Use these tips to have a safe holiday:
- Have a communication plan for when everyone scatters in anger because your uncle went out of his way to insult everybody in the room.
- Let your friend who insists on describing the historic inaccuracy of all of your family traditions have their moment.
- Know how to put out a fire when your dad explodes the deep fryer on the deck for the seventh consecutive year.
- Use the SafeWalk feature of the LiveSafe campus safety app to make sure you and your friends arrive safely at Waffle House when you realize your mom invited her favorite of your exes to dinner. Don’t have the app yet? Download LiveSafe right now—it’s easy.
- Lastly, Thanksgiving leftovers are awesome, so save some for later. You really don’t need a third plate that will put you in a food coma.
Use the LiveSafe app to report a Thanksgiving party foul. Click “Report Incident” and use the contest button to share a brief story. The best or funniest story will be selected to win a $50 VolShop gift card.
For more tips on staying safe this holiday season and every day, visit the UT Emergency Preparedness website.