Skip to content



All on-the-job accidents should be reported in 48 hours or less to the employee’s supervisor. A worker’s compensation claim must be completed and submitted to the Risk Management Office (974-0980).

Tips for handling minor injuries include:

  • Report all accidents.
  • Call CorVel at 866-245-8588 and select option 1. A nurse will provide information on available treatment locations.
  • Serious injuries will require a call to 911 and transportation to a local hospital.

Get more details on worker compensation claims by visiting the UT Human Resources website.

Students or Visitors

Injuries sustained on campus or during university-sponsored activities must be reported to the Risk Management Office. Treatment for minor injuries for students can be addressed at the Student Health Clinic.  For serious injuries 911 should be called. For accidents involving visitors, download this form.

The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.