Creating a Resilient Campus
Everyone has a role in the campus effort to be prepared. More importantly, every student, faculty, and staff member is a critical part of the response. The information in this section will help you prepare and respond to life threatening emergencies.
Campus Emergency Management
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for coordinating the emergency preparation and response of campus. Get more information on campus emergency management programs.
With just a little bit of effort a community disaster can be more of a personal inconvenience to you. Here are a few things you can do to limit the impact of a disaster:
- Know where to shelter and evacuate routes in places you frequent.
- Be informed and know where to get emergency information like building emergency posters.
- Know how to protect yourself against hazards.
- Have a to go bag with at least some water, medications, hygiene items, clothes, cell phone and charger, IDs, flashlight, etc. The VolShop can help get you there with this kit: Order it now! Check here for more ideas about what to put in your kit.
- Have a plan to check in or link-up with friends and family if phones aren’t available. It can be as simple as using the Guardian App, Red Cross Safe and Well, or designating an out of town relative as the common contact. You can also choose to make a more detailed plan.
- Register with UTPD if you have evacuation or medical needs and carry an evacuation assistance card.
- Fill out a Safety Profile on the Guardian App.